Wednesday, January 28, 2009

January 28 Daily Art Journal Sane


I've quit more than one therapist, always pleasantly and with no regrets. While I've rarely met my "goals and objectives" (finish novel, find self), I've always been calmed when necessary and eventually learned to listen. Once I quit when I discovered I had better things to do with my money. "You're cured," said the shrink. The last one was easy. "I know everything I need to know," I said. "I've been trying to tell you that for five years."
Had it been five years??? That's what too much insurance will do to you.
Art is the only legitimate therapy. Art, gardening, dance, acting, writing, yoga. The answer to neurosis is activity in the moment. Make that mindful activity in the moment.
Oatmeal for breakfast helps as well.

So today, while enjoying another productive day writing about whatever it is I wrote about (oh yeah, service level agreements and billing methods, fascinating stuff) and sifting about the place manifesting ideas, I gathered the couch and then the bag...baggage...get it?

I crack myself up somedays, I really do.

No comments: