Thursday, January 22, 2009

January 22 Daily Art Journal Crayon


When I was a little girl, I received many boxes of Crayola crayons but never one bigger than, say, the 16 pack. Maybe the 32? What I never did get was the giant box of 64, the box with the sharpener. I don't know why but I got it into my head that this set was too expensive.

By the time I was earning my own money, I'd lost the desire and by the time I'd regained the desire, I was on to bigger and better art supplies. One day I spotted the giant box of 64. It was less than $4, little enough to spend on a whim. I still have that box, as well as a vintage pack of 48 picked up at an estate sale and a pack of 8 that's come to me in the flotsam and jetsam.

Tonight I thought I'd have some fun coloring the way I used to: layering the colors, glazing and shading. And so I did.

No comments: