And anyway, don't most people want to work in supportive environments where the occasional pesky mood swing won't matter much one way or the other?
In an effort to see the glass as half full (and doesn't that really depend on what's in the glass and when the bar is closing?), I've switched this series (sadly not fictional, though thanks, Chickory, for thinking I worked as an apartment manager) from the victimized "Life as a Statistic" to one of my goals "Life off the grid." Though how I'm going to grow much more than kale in my sunny high-rise, I don't know. Maybe one small hen???
Top Ten Goals for Week Two
10. Send out four resumes/contact emails a day
9. Register for unemployment. Bring all materials
8. Reduce tension-related swelling in face
7. Finish artist books for Denver gallery's call for artist books
6. Use "differentiator" in a sentence without heaving
5. Finish reading novel draft
4. Attend Blog Optimization webinar
3. Start posting other novel
2. Get back to fundraising for 3Day
1. Complete at least two online applications to places I'd really like to work