Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Early morning walks

My neighbor and I take an hour's walk most mornings. This month, I've been bringing along my camera.
Maybe it was the hour and the sun's direction, but I don't think I've ever seen baby pine cones in just this early stage of growth. They glowed like stars and seemed so alien we had to stop and deliberate about they were. Of course, the parent tree told us but it took a second to realize what we were looking at.

Is this Spring really as spectacular as we think or, like food tasting best when you're hungry, is it an illusion based on how long and cold this Winter was?


Gotta love this little patch of jasmine. It's so fragrant. There's plenty more growing along the Highland-Baker Connector.

And it wouldn't be Spring without the dogwood, now would it?

No comments: