Wednesday, February 4, 2009

February 4 Wednesday Helplessly Hoping


Today's theme via Misty Mawn is to create a page inspired by a song.
I figured I would illustrate or be set off by whatever song locked itself into my head. And often that's the one you wake up to.
Not so here. Rather, in a this morning early early morning yoga class, after dogging to Krishna Das, our intrepid and musical instructor slipped in a sweet little version of Helplessly Hoping by Crosby, Stills and Nash. As if I wasn't smiling enough in my little savasana.

Sweet and lyrically silly as it is, the song evokes sad memories for me. If I were a better illustrator, I'd have another in the picture, standing on the other side of the screen. And their fingertips would be touching.
But I'm not. Thanks God for words.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely - and I adore your 'banner' trees. Just the sort of pic I am always looking for when out with my camera. Ann (from UK)

sparringK9 said...

well i think the figure isolated and turned away in the doorway does evoke sadness. i bought a blank journal because of you. now what? i dont have anything to say. i already say it on the damn blogs. grrrrrrherhahahahaha

Sending Pages Out to Dry said...

yeah, there is that. you saw my moleskin was a map/list for the day with the drawings and doodlings bumping up against the words. do what comes naturally. the blog's certainly more public; the book more mundane. mine tethers me and it's a place to play with the pens and paint. i've now eliminated a watch and a calendar in favor of crackberry and journal.

Anonymous said...

If I were a better illustrator, I'd have another in the picture, standing on the other side of the screen. And their fingertips would be touching. NO. NO. NO. Your words of "on the other side of the screen" with "fingertips touching" creates such a stong visual that nothing concrete could come close to the image in the mind and the feelings in the heart and soul that your words created. Outstanding!

Cattle Rancher

Anonymous said...

Hi there and huge thanks for dropping by my blog. We were snowed in today - whole place came to a standstill and everyone was out throwing snowballs and sledging. Then a power outage so no work done - ah, shame!
love your blog and all that creativity is incredibly inspiring. Jane