Thursday, July 10, 2008

Peachtree Road Race July 4th

I just love this picture. Someone fastened this bouquet of balloons on Peachtree Street right around 12th St. I shot this around 9 a.m., having walked and watched the race since 7:30 a.m. not much of a training walk for me, but while most parades make me cry, the Peachtree Road Race just slaps a smile on me and the thousands of other supporters watching friends, old colleagues and neighbors pound down Peachtree for hours on a holiday morning.


Didn't get a picture of the much older woman who pushed past cuz I was too moved to see the role model of my dreams not ten feet away. She knew it too. Caught my eye and my nodding, "Yes, you can and you will" and grimly pursued her finish line and coveted T-shirt. But these guys did.






No comments: